Are you wondering how to start a blog that actually makes money online?
If so, then you have come to the right place.
In addition to the low pricing, you will receive a free website domain for the first year (a $15 value) through my Bluehost referral link if you purchase, at least, 12 months of blog hosting. FYI, if you are asking yourself “can you make money blogging?” – my top tip is to be self-hosted.
This is essential if you want to monetize your blog as you will appear more professional and this will help you monetize your blog tremendously.
My blogging income did not take off until after I switched to self-hosted WordPress.
Step 1. Start the sign-up process
Bluehost is the best self – hosting service around, they are easy to set up and they are very affordable!
You can start your blog today for as little as $3.95 /month.
I have recently set up a blog with Bluehost and it took less than 30 minutes.
Benefits Of Using Bluehost to Start A Blog
- Free domain registration for firth year (worth 10$)
- Hundreds Of free awesome WordPress themes
- Free email address with your domain
- High-Performance servers mean lightning fast site
- One Click WordPress Install
- 24/7 Expert Support (via phone, chat or email)
- Extremely easy to use, ideal for newbies and advance user
Step 2. Choose your plan
For most bloggers, the basic plan will be more than enough to get started, but choose the plan you think is right for.
Step 3. Choose your blog name
Enter your blog name. You can also choose .com, .org, .net and other domains.
Step 4. Enter Account Information
Here, you can even use Google single sign on for quick update. Therefore, you dont have to waste so much time in filling up your account name. Amazing and easy step, as you can see now.
Step 5. Look out for this offer!
You will likely see this special sign up offer that Bluehost is promoting right now (Subject to change anytime)
Take the offer, it will save you money and you will still get the same great service!
Step 6. Choose your package; 12 month price breakdown
If you choose the 12 month package (meaning you will have your blog domain active for 12 months), then you will pay about $4.95 per month.
Choosing a longer length package will decrease this price, and I would advise choosing at least a 24 month plan.
Blogging is going to be a learning process for the first year. You can need longer than 1 year to establish a routine, build an audience and make money.
The net few pages will detail how much you will pay for each package.
Step 7. Enter your payment information
Be sure to read the fine print and introductory price terms.
Note: Because we’re an affiliate partner, Bluehost offers a special price for The Internet Pearl readers: only only $2.95 a month for the first year. That’s a significant discount.
Step 8. Congrats and Welcome
A confirmation email will be sent to your email address (whichever email address you used to sign up), and you will need to choose a password for your Bluehost account.
Step 9. Choose your theme
There are thousands of themes to choose for your blog but if you don’t like any of the themes from Bluehost, just choose a basic theme and then purchase one from other sites later.
You can also see the 8 Best Themes for Blogs in 2021 here.
I recommend themes from StudioPress. They have a lot of different designs that are perfect for lifestyle blogs and even niche specific blogs.
Step 10a. Almost done!
That’s it, you are all set!
That’s how to start a blog !
Now Bluehost will redirect you to the Admin section.
In case you want to bypass all the technicalities and have your money making website set up in less than 48 hours then you can consider using our Free Blog Set Up Service here.
With this service, we shall help you set up your blog in no time so you can start on your journey to financial freedom through blogging.
Step 10b. Start Exploring your blog!
Take some time to play around with your blog in WordPress and get familiar with the layout.
When you are ready, start publishing out that awesome content.
You can also check out this blog post on how to format your blog posts such that they rank high on search engine result pages (SERPs).
HOW TO START A SUCCESSFUL BLOG CHECK LIST
As you create your blog, ensure you do all the following to in order to grow your blog to thousands of readers and make money online blogging.
- Research other blogs in your niche
- Decide on a primary niche
- Create a blog name
- Decide on a Blog Hosting Provider
- Create your blog! (Follow step-by-step guide)
- Choose a beautiful blog theme (StudioPress)
- Create a blog email (Bluehost does it for you!)
- Download Essential Plug-ins
- Create an “About Me’ Page
- Create a “Contact” Page
- Enable Jetpack Cookies & Consent Banner
- Create List of Blog Topics (included here!)
- Sign-up for Google AdWords (Keyword research)
- Create list of attention grabbing blog titles
- Set Blog Goals
- Write at least 3-4 blog post
- Copy edit blog posts
- Use Yoast SEO Plug-in to optimize blog posts
- Create Social Media Accounts (Pinterest is a must!)
- Create Pinterest Graphics for blog posts
- Create an email list with Mailer lite
- Sign-up for Google AdSense and Google Analytics
- Sign-up for Affiliate Programs (included here!)
Here are more blogging-related posts you should take a look at after you learn how to start a WordPress blog:
- 8 Best WordPress Themes for Blogs in 2020
- How Angela Makes Over 5K/Month as a Full-Time Blogger
- How Lidiya Built A Successful $6K/Month Blogging Business From Scratch
- 11 Best Author Bio Box Plugins For WordPress to Add Author Bio
- How to increase a Website’s Traffic For Free: A Helpful Guide
- How to Back Up A Website For Free: Step by Step With Images
- 48 Best SEO Tips For Bloggers to Boost Traffic in 2021
- 350+ Pinterest Group Boards to Skyrocket Your Blog Traffic
- How To Add Your Website And Blog To Opera News Feed In 4 Simple Steps
- 24 “Proven” Ways to Make Money Online Blogging with WordPress
- 6 Realistic Easy Ways to Make Money Online
- 7 Best PLR Sites in 2020
- Super Affiliate System Review 2020 (SCAM or LEGIT)
Pin this guide on how to start a blog if you enjoyed it!